My Anthology- My Poems and Books
Thursday, November 27, 2008
The Leprechaun

When I was about eight or nine old age old, there was a particular topographic point I went to so that I could think. It wasn't far away from home, but it was a topographic point surrounded by trees that I claimed as my very ain private place.

One day, I was sitting in my particular place, leaned against a tree.

Suddenly, as if by magic, there was a adult male standing in presence of me. Helium was a little man, maybe about 3 feet tall and he was greenish in color.

He said,

"If you can catch me,

I will share my pot o' gold

If you cannot,

There's a narrative to be told."

Frightened at his sudden appearance, I scrambled to my feet. Then, he disappeared just as magically as he appeared.

I ran place just as fast as my small legs would transport me.

When I told my female parent the story, she said, "I think you didn't catch him then, huh?"

"Mama, I was so scared. He was a small greenness man. Iodine don't cognize where he came from or where he went. Was it a martian, mama, huh? huh?"

"No child," she said. "You are Irish so you probably saw a leprechaun."

"What's a leprechaun?" I asked.

"A leprechaun is a fable from Ireland. It is a great award for you that you saw this small man. Most people travel all their lives and believe leprechauns are nil but a faery narrative because they never saw one for themselves."

For respective years I went back to my particular topographic point hoping I would see and maybe catch the leprechaun. He never came back.

I overheard my female parent telling my father about a dreaming I once had about a leprechaun. It do me wonder, was it a dream, was it real, or are leprechauns nil but a faery tale?

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This blog aims my poems and books

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Digg ItDel.icio.us
Furl ItReddit
GoogleSimpy
NewsvineMy Web
Spurl ItWists
RSS ATOM
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!

ARCHIVES
July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / May 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / September 2009 /


Powered by Blogger